The five key steps I’m about to share will result is massive business growth simply by adopting all five steps. The steps are simple but some will require a lot of work. But if you’ve been in the construction industry for a while, you’re used to doing work!
Construction company SEO has been both misinterpreted and under-rated. Today, of combining inbound marketing strategies with SEO produces a level of growth potential that’s deadly to your competition.
“Content Marketing is all the marketing that’s left.” Seth Godin, Author, Tribes. Content marketing is not just about content. It’s about targeting your content to your idea customer, your persona.
I’ve written a lot about personas and why it’s so important to focus on them. If you do nothing else, your first step is to either create a persona or fine tune the one you have. By “create,” I mean write it down. We have some free resources to help you. To get them, just click on the button at the bottom of this article.
The next important step to getting leads using construction company SEO is to find the right keywords. Keywords simply are short snippets of text people search for on the Internet to find you. Like a persona, it’s important to use the right keywords.
In times past, construction company SEO meant sticking keywords here and there, often in the wrong places, on your website in an attempt to trick search engines into boosting your ranking. All those ideas are dead now, and actually can hurt your ranking.
The trick to using the right keywords is finding one both that your persona(s) are searching for and that are easy to rank for. Often, you can’t go wrong by carefully choosing good long-tail keywords. For example, if you’re selling renewable energy products, a keyword might be, “the ROI of installing solar panels.” While “solar panels” also is a keyword, it would be very hard to rank for.
It may seem hard to understand, but without content, not only is there no marketing platform, there’s no SEO either. Writing good content means ramping up the workload. You’ll need to post at least one blog article every week, on schedule, using good keywords in places like the article title and meta tags, and targeting your persona with topics that will attract and interest them.
Construction company SEO only works if your content is attractive enough for real people to click on when they search. You can nail down your content marketing with a few repeatable steps:
- Create a content calendar.
- Create a series of about a dozen titles addressing the pain points of your persona.
- Also add to your calendar the day you are doing to write the draft of your article and the day you’ll review and post it.
- Use best practices by including a relevant image in the post and writing to your persona, not boasting about your company’s abilities or track record.
- Share content that would interest your persona on social networks. According to construction industry SEO benchmarks, if you’re not on social, you’re losing about 20% of potential new leads.
4) Conversion Paths
Conversion paths form the bridge between content marketing and inbound marketing. Content marketing is only about deliverables. Blog articles and social posts for the basic structure of content marketing. Inbound’s foundational structure is strategy. Strategic goal-setting and planning form the basis for creating deliverables such as blog posts and social posts.
A conversion path literally is the route a website visitor takes to become a lead. How that route is created results from good inbound strategy. Sound confusing? The better the strategy and the more often it is analyzed and refined, the better the visitor to lead conversion ratio.
Here’s how to get started on a conversion path that will produce amazing grown through improving your construction company SEO:
- Start with your persona.
- Write content (as above) to attract visitors who fit your persona.
- Add call-to-actions (CTAs) on pages on your website.
- When visitors click on a CTA, they’re redirected to a landing page.
- The landing page content further prompts the visitor to take advantage of an offer you are providing. That offer could be anything: a download, a free trial, a guide, a pricing table, etc.
- When the visitor fills out the form to obtain your offer, you have a lead.
That’s it! In practice, this process is rather simple. To sum up, the shift to good construction company SEO is based on changing from promoting your company to promoting things that would attract potential customers. Making that one shift in thinking alone could revolutionize your marketing!