What are your marketing goals for next quarter or even for the rest of this year? It’s never too early to start planning your business goals for next quarter.
Growing a log homes business by setting marketing goals is the only way you’ll be able to achieve scalable growth throughout the next few months and beyond.
Setting goals is the first step in any strategy that involves marketing through the Internet. How you establish your goals both gives you a benchmark on what you need to achieve and the right push to achieving your goals. Before you set out to spend time or money on any aspect of your business, you should have a good idea of the ROI that action will produce. Setting goals will help get you there. Sound good?
Set SMART Goals
We're not talking about setting any random goals, but setting SMART goals.
SMART goals are:
- Specific -- Establish specific numbers with real deadlines. Don't say, "I need more website visitors."
- Measurable -- Make sure that you're able to track your goal via software, a chart, etc. Don't hide behind buzzwords like "brand engagement" or "social influence."
- Attainable -- Work toward a goal that’s challenging but possible. Don't try to solve every task overnight.
- Realistic -- Be honest with yourself, because you know what you and your team are capable of. Don't forget any hurdles you may have to overcome.
- Time-bound -- Do give yourself a deadline. Don't keep pushing towards a goal you might hit "some day."
Use the SMART acronym as a guide. It will help you separate the different pieces of a marketing strategy, turning ideas into goals. For example, "Can we have an X% increase in website visits this month” or “an X% increase in site conversions this quarter?”
Those are real numbers, they may be challenging, but as long as they're "realistic" and assuming you have a system in place to measure those increases (“measurable”), and a timeframe to achieve them, your goals can be met.
To help you set SMART marketing goals, we're giving away a free goal-setting template to help you establish some concrete, achievable goals for your marketing. You can DOWNLOAD IT HERE. Our template will make setting your SMART goals easy if not fun. And the really cool part? If you’re unsure about your goals, simply input results into the "Current" rows under Visits, Leads and Customers and the other fields will automatically calculate your recommended goals. Yes, you read that right -- we’ll do the math for you. Here’s a preview of the free template:
If you haven't done it yet, get your FREE template now! No cost, no obligation and, no hidden tricks!