Struggling with how to begin executing Internet marketing?? Have no fear, after about a 5 minute read, and some optional free stuff, you'll be off to a championship start!
Any good Internet marketing campaign starts with knowing your customer base and knowing how to reach them.
To heap gain a better understanding about your customers, you'll need to develop personas.
A persona is a semi-fictitious representation of an your customer.
Internet marketing for commercial cleaning, as an industry, probably will only have a few personas. Your personas will incorporate selling to owner / operators, facilities managers, and operations managers (who may have to report to their boss).
What's in a persona? Here are the main key points:
- Identify your customer's job or role.
- Find out what it means for him or her to be successful.
- Find out their biggest challenges.
- Where do they go to get information?
- Find out some things about their personal lives, e.g., married / single, children, education.
- How do they like to interact with vendors?
Creating a persona, minimally, should incorporate the points above. And it should not be a stressful experience for you. Want to create a really awesome persona? Download our FREE template!
Check out "Focused Frank," a sample persona.
- CEO of manufacturing company.
- Small-sized: 20-100 employees.
- Age 45, married, 2 kids (pre-teens).
- Has plant mgr who handles day in, day out tasks, including heading up cleaning efforts.
- Frank is very focused and intelligent, but also relational and outgoing. He is repelled by vendors whose only interest is selling.
- Grow company >10% this year.
- Become better organized.
- Spend more time on training sales staff.
- Deals with HR issues all too often.
- Wants to improve company image but doesn't know how.
Build out the rest of your Internet Marketing Campaign
Armed with your persona(s), you'll get you off to a great start. From there, you can launch your first Internet marketing for commercial cleaning campaign. In the campaign, you'll create content stucture, blog articles, create lead-generating offers, create landing pages, etc. Remember to base everything you do on a persona. If you don't start with a persona, don't start.
After you create your persona(s) don't forget whom they're trying to reach. If you keep your personas in mind (stick them up on the wall of your office) you'll have a springboard for success in all your marketing efforts.
Here are some key take-a-ways on how to start an Internet marketing initiative for commercial cleaning companies:
- A persona is the very foundation of any good Internet campaign.
- A persona is also the start of a marketing campaign incorporating lead intelligence.
- Creating a persona can be fun: Get the help of your sales staff or perhaps interview one of your best customers.
Want to create a really awesome persona? Download our free template! You'll get a full walk-though on how to create a great persona, and a template to guide you through the process!