Commercial cleaning companies who have shifted their marketing investment strategies from outbound to inbound are seeing very positive ROI.
For the first time in the past four years, outbound as a primary lead source has dropped, and sharply – from 34% to 22%. Meanwhile, inbound has remained relatively stable, off just 1% from its previous three year average. As a result, in 2014, more than twice as many respondents from a marketing survey cited inbound (45%) as their primary source of leads versus outbound (22%). Source: Hubspot State of Inbound, 2014.
Marketing trends for commercial cleaning centrally involves adapting to the 21st century and migrating the majority of your marketing to where their ideal buyers are doing their buying research and discovery — on the Internet. Today online shoppers are spending a massive amount of their shopping time researching products online.
Two good reasons to hiring an inbound agency to do your marketing:
- You don't have the time.
- An agency will do a better job, at less cost, equaling greater ROI for you.
1) Hire an Agency that Knows How to Deliver the Inbound Services that Will Produce ROI for You
Most agencies will offer content marketing services such as social media, email marketing, or blogging. Content marketing is the fuel that drives inbound marketing, but content marketing is not the same as inbound.
Any firm that claims to be an inbound agency must offer Five Core services.
These services each have several tactical components. To deliver real value and maximum impact, all these tactics must be executed in optimal sequences. Seeing that an agency can fold all of these tactics together into one cohesive strategy is a good sign they know how to execute efficiently and get results.
The 5 Core Services of an Inbound Agency:
- The ability to create valid buyer personas and keyword research. Personas and keywords form the foundation of inbound strategy.
- The ability to create awesome content, blogging, social media, emails, AND create the content with on-page SEO best practices, integrating the persona and keyword research above.
- The ability to develop premium content, calls-to-actions, and landing pages that all fit into a custom-developed strategy designed to produce ROI for your business.
- The ability to develop targeted lead-nurturing campaigns designed to move leads down the customer funnel where they can be converted into customers.
- The ability to measure and conduct analyses at every step of the process, so that any step can be tweaked to render even greater results. The agency must know how to provide regular ROI closed-loop reports so you can know how your inbound program is performing.
2) Look for a Goal-Oriented Sales Process
A good inbound agency should begin by asking about your goals, challenges, and the timing and urgency around meeting those goals. Here are some questions they should ask you:
- How are you measuring the success of your marketing?
- What metrics and benchmarks are most important to you?
- What does the size and makeup of your internal team look like?
- What results do you need to achieve and by when?
- What are you doing now to reach them?
- Are you on track for reaching those results?
- What will you do / what will happen if you don’t reach them?
- What challenges might keep you from reaching those goals or getting the resources you need?
A good agency will be more interested in solving your marketing challenges. Yes, in the end, an inbound agency will be providing deliverables. But that’s in the end. Before you hire an agency, you should spend enough time with them to gain the confidence they can deliver what they say.
Key take-a-ways from this blog post:
- Getting positive ROI out of your marketing efforts involves a shift to inbound.
- Content marketing and inbound marketing are not the same thing.
- A good agency must be good at listing to your pain points before they should suggest solutions.
Want to drill down deeper on how to hire an inbound agency for your commercial cleaning company? Download our FREE e-book!